• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Roxio Toast 12 Pro

Reaction score
I ordered my son a Mac Mini:
Apple Mac mini CTO Upgraded to Dual-Core Intel Core i7/3.0 GHz
Upgraded to 16GB Memory- 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM (2x8GB)
Intel Iris Graphics
Roxio recommends a mac with a Nvidia card with 4 GB video ram for optimal performance. Has anyone tried Toast 12 Pro on a Mini mac with the Intel Iris Graphics, and had good results?
Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Those are hefty requirements by Roxio. Only the top of the line iMacs and of course the Mac Pro would be equipped with 4 GB of VRAM. Perhaps if you tell us what your son is going to use the Mini for, we can better answer your question.

OP
T
Reaction score
Those are hefty requirements by Roxio. Only the top of the line iMacs and of course the Mac Pro would be equipped with 4 GB of VRAM. Perhaps if you tell us what your son is going to use the Mini for, we can better answer your question.
He has:
A Panasonic AG-AC7 Shoulder-Mount AVCHD Camcorder.
A Logitech C615 Webcam with Microphone 8MP USB.
he wants to:
Burn HD video to DVD and Blu-ray Discs
Remove unwanted noise and enhance audio
Give his videos a custom soundtrack
Of course I bought him a Mac Compatible external Blu-Ray/ DVD burner drive.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
We have several of our members who are professional videographers. I'll let one of them answer your question now that we know exactly what your son is going to do with the new equipment and Roxio Toast 12 Pro.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Those requirements are being slightly misunderstood. First the higher requirements are for one application only included. Second the Ram is SYSTEM ram and not Video (VRAM).

Minimum System Requirements:

Mac® computer with an Intel® processor
1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM recommended for Pro)
Mac OS® X 10.5, 10.6 or 10.9 Mavericks*, Mac OS 10.7 or higher is required for Live Screen Capture and other functionality
Approximately 1 GB (5 GB for Pro) of free space to install all components
VideoBoost requires a compatible NVIDIA® card and 4 GB of RAM for optimal performance
DVD drive required for installation
Internet connection required for video tutorials, OS compatibility and other product updates or functionalities

Video Boost. It requires an NVidia card and 4GB RAM in the Mac!!

Hope this at least helps.

PS: This is Video Boost. It's something you do not need. This explains it.

http://corel.force.com/roxio/articles/en_US/Master_Article/Using-VideoBoost-in-Toast-11

OP
T
Reaction score
Those requirements are being slightly misunderstood. First the higher requirements are for one application only included. Second the Ram is SYSTEM ram and not Video (VRAM).

Minimum System Requirements:

Mac® computer with an Intel® processor
1 GB RAM (2 GB RAM recommended for Pro)
Mac OS® X 10.5, 10.6 or 10.9 Mavericks*, Mac OS 10.7 or higher is required for Live Screen Capture and other functionality
Approximately 1 GB (5 GB for Pro) of free space to install all components
VideoBoost requires a compatible NVIDIA® card and 4 GB of RAM for optimal performance
DVD drive required for instlation
Internet connection required for video tutorials, OS compatibility and other product updates or functionalities

Video Boost. It requires an NVidia card and 4GB RAM in the Mac!!

Hope this at least helps.

PS: This is Video Boost. It's something you do not need. This explains it.

Using VideoBoost in Toast 11
Thanks for the info, looks like it just speeds up the conversion process, Our mac mini with the i7 processor and 16GB of ram should handle the conversion process fast enough.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.