Riven OS X

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the game Riven created by Cyan Worlds can be downloaded and played on macbook pro? It can on ipad - why not macbook?

Reaction score
there is a prototype version that was being made using cocoa on mac os x but the project is in peaces you have to assemble the project through Xcode to create a launcher for the game but the audio lags and hangs like no other so i would say there might be another solution.

solution 2 works like this you have to basically go online and purchase a copy of riven.
there fairly cheap on amazon.

now you need a program called wineskin you can download it online for free search google.

now here is where it gets tricky because the cd's for riven where dual layered one layer is the mac version one layer is the windows version you need to make a copy of the windows version from a windows machine in order to run it in wineskin if you insert the disk into a mac only the mac version comes up not the windows version.

once in windows you have to create folders label them

riven disk 1

riven disk 2

riven disk 3

and so on and manually drag the folders out of these disks onto the folders you just created burn your new set of disks install riven using wineskin and thats it

OP
S
Reaction score
I read where RivenX was being created but won't be ready until 2015? I recently purchased RealMyst for my OS X and the although the game played ok, the graphics weren't nearly as quality as when I played Riven before with the discs. Would the quality be the same if I burned the original discs and copied?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Does anyone know if the game Riven created by Cyan Worlds can be downloaded and played on macbook pro?

It may be a bit drastic in order to play just one game. But you could always install Windows on your Macbook…and play the Windows version of Riven.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
wow! I see I am way behind! I just ran across an origional box with Exile in it. It calls for mac G3 and OS 8.1 or later. I presume it ill play on my MBP 5,1?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
wow! I see I am way behind! I just ran across an origional box with Exile in it. It calls for mac G3 and OS 8.1 or later. I presume it ill play on my MBP 5,1?

I seriously doubt it.;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, macOS 10.15.4, iPhone 11 Pro Max, PowerBook G4, iMac G3/4/5
This is part of the reason I keep old PPC Macs around. Sometimes I wanna play Starcraft and need Classic... Warcraft 3 works really well on a G4 MDD too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
No PowerPC applications, from Classic OS 8 and/or 9, or before OS X.4 will run on your Intel MBP 5.1 unless running OS X.6 or earlier. If it is OS X.6 you are way behind as Snow Leopard is no longer supported with Security Updates from Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.