Ripped Off By Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Engage

I just purchased Mountain Lion for $20. It simply will NOT install on my machine despite repeated attempts. Error messages say my Mac doesn't qualify, even though it very clearly meets all requirements stated on the sales page, checked this nine times.

And now I see Apple doesn't provide refunds on electronic downloads.

Last edited by a moderator:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
You need to remind us:

- What exact model Mac you have.
- What OS version it is currently running.
- How much ram it has.
- How much free HD space it has.

...so we can start making suggestions/fixes.

- Nick

OP
E

Engage

You need to remind us what exact model Mac you have, what OS version it is currently running, and how much ram it has, and how much free HD space it has so we can start making suggestions/fixes.

As my post reported, already checked all that nine times. Please make your suggestions to Apple, thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Oh my, But hey, Can I run Yosemite on my Bondi Blue iMac G3? If not, Apple is RIPPING me off! :D Grin

I bet he saw the word iMac on Mountain Lion and felt any iMac will work!

For anyone else who happens to see this thread, No G4 or G5 Mac will run anything after 10.5 Leopard. Apple went 100% Intel code after that and a Power PC is NOT an Intel CPU!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I see we're not going to get anywhere here. You were asked for your Mac specs politely since you only have have PowerPC listed which is definitely not compatible with Mountain Lion.

We are not affiliated/supported by Apple and don't have any more access to that company than you do..

So if you want to change your attitude, then perhaps we can help. Otherwise, move along..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I found his other thread. Looks like he never updated his Rigs specs!

Mountain Lion i know for a fact will not run on my early 2008 Macbook with 4GB RAM. It's the X3100 Video that stops that. It will not let you install it. Not sure on a 2009 Macbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.