Rip audio from DVDs

Reaction score
New to Mac question.

A coworker of mine purchased some religious videos that came on dvds. The only way they sell them is dvds.

Is there a way for me to “rip” the audio from the dvds and burn it to a cd so she can listen to them. She doesn’t care about the video just wants to listen to the audio during her commute.

krs

Reaction score
Itwould help if you posted which Ma you have.
Does it have a DVD player?
Or are you using an external DVD player?
An what hardware will you be using to burn the CD.

The general answer to your question is yes - you an burn a CD (or several if needed) with just the audio of the DVD.

OP
L
Reaction score
Sorry didn’t think about that.

MacBook Air M1 256SSD 8 Ram
MacBook Monterey
external LG DVD read writer.

will burn cds on same external dvd writer.

krs

Reaction score
When you connect the LG to the Mac and insert the DVD into the LG, does the DVD not show up on the desktop so that you can copy it to a folder on the Mac?
Once the V is copied to the Mac, then just burn a CD using the LG.

I have not done this for years now, but it seemed pretty straight forward as I remember it.
Maybe post back with specifics if you run into any issues.
Biggest issue I remember is that inexpensive CD players sometimes had trouble playing burned CDs - but they were fine with commercial pressed CDs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.