"Right Inbox" in gmail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBPro 16" wi/Retina Display, iPhone 15 Pro Max, MBPro 13" (2021).
Good Morning Everyone:

It's good to be back here where I request help from the various experts who hang out here.

I have a minor problem which is annoying the **** out of me, lol.

Every time I check my gmail on my computer (MBPro, 2019, running the latest version of Ventura and mostly using FireFox), a box appears about "Right Inbox" and requests access to my google mail account. I don't want this, but can't find a way to stop it from occurring.

Any suggestions would be really appreciated - thanks to all who respond.

Best,

Rich

Reaction score
Hi, Rich!

I think I had something like that in my browser some time ago. As far as I remember this "Right Inbox" was a browser extension. So, to remove it, you'll need to uninstall it from your browser.

Since you mentioned using Firefox, you can do this by going to your extensions page and removing "Right Inbox" from there. Here's an article at Mozilla's official website on how to do that: Disable or remove Add-ons | Firefox Help.

Hope this helps!

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I can understand why you might want to use Inbox for Gmail; "Send emails later, recurring emails, notes, follow up emails, templates, signatures, CRM & more" but if you check your Gmail on Firefox and have the Inbox for Gmail extension its logical that it would behave that way, as annoying as that may be. My guess is it wouldn't happen if you were using Google Chrome. I'm not suggesting that. Removing the extension (if you have it) may fix the problem, or not. Do let us know.

OP
ImDrRichard
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBPro 16" wi/Retina Display, iPhone 15 Pro Max, MBPro 13" (2021).
Thank you! I deleted the extension and the problem is now gone. Appreciate it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Before I retired the company I worked for had a useless search facility until they signed up with Google. It seemed like magic at the time but Meta, Google’s parent, has become far too powerful. It always seems to want to know where you are and what you’re doing.

I’m replacing my gmail account with an iCloud alias and, for some accounts, use Proton.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.