Resending an embedded thumbnail

DAVEinDK

Reaction score
Embedded Thumbnails.
I need to create an email with text(of course), and a thumbnail with a You Tube video embedded.
I have created the mail, sent it to an email account, and it works.
My problem is, that I will be sending this mail to many different recipients over the next few weeks. My question is, how and where do I save the mail, so I can easily send the mail to a new recipient when I need to?
Forwarding no good, tried that
Just want to send the same mail, with same content and of course, the working embedded thumbnail.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
A warm welcome to Mac-Forums.

There's any easy solution to your problem:)

Compose your email and send it.

When you next need to send that same email to another, just Click on the "Sent" Mailbox, Click on the appropriate Email then Click on "Message" on the top menu bar - and the first option is "Send Again". Click on that.

It will open up your previously sent Email. All you have to do is change the name of the recipient. Then "Send" in the usual way.

You can have as many recipients as you wish. And if you want to send again to another later on - just repeat the process.

Dead easy.;)(y)

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
You can have as many recipients as you wish. And if you want to send again to another later on - just repeat the process.

Just to clarify what Ian mentioned here, to add multiple recipients, just separate the names with a comma , and then just add another name or start typing their name and it should self-complete if they are in your Contacts list.

Don't forget that each time you send an attachment to a recipient it will be saved in your sent mailbox and use up unnecessary duplicated space if they or the attachments are not deleted.

- Patrick
=======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If you routinely send this email to the same group of people create groups in the
Contacts app. This makes entering the recipient's addresses quicker since you enter the name of the group rather than each individual member.

I'm not 100% sure but once the email is sent I think only one copy would be saved rather than one copy for each individual member of the group. If that's true, it should reduce the amount of storage needed to save copies of those messages.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
The problem the OP had was related to creating a very specific Email with embedded data. He sends that email off, but recognises that from time to time, he may need to send that email again.

Rather than trying to recompose a complicated email, he can use the "Send Again" function with an altered sender address.

Yes, this creates an additional email in the Sent Mailbox; but he doesn't need to store that as long as he keeps a note of those to whom he has sent the email. In other words, he keeps only the original email in the Sent Folder. After the project is over, he can keep that one email, or Bin it.

Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.