Renaming Songs in iTunes

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
Whenever I import a song from a CD into iTunes it doesn't always get the title of the song, instead it will read track 3. I want to be able to change the name Track 3 to the actual name of the song. I have been looking at how to do this but have been unsuccessfull....is this possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PB 12inch 1.33ghz 1.25gb/60gb pb 15inch 1.25ghz 1.25gb/160gb Power Mac G3 B&W Overclocked 500mhz
Highlight the song in iTunes and hit "Cmd + I" or you can right click (Ctrl + Click) and select "get info" from the drop down menu

this brings up an info menu where you can edit a range of characteristics of the track (including the file name).

I think this should do it for you
:)

OP
digitalfish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro/2.66 Ghz/4GB RAM/320GB HD/NVIDIA GeForce 9400 and NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT
geeez..thanks. I have a book on MAc OSX and it doesn't mention anything about this in the iTunes section. It must be a secret thats only discussed at certain times of the lunar cycle;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
- Macbook -
Or you can do a slow double click on whatever you want to rename on the track and you can do it like that. I find it quicker that way :)

OP
digitalfish
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
well I'll be a flaming turd....I have been trying to do this for over a year and finally decided to post about it. Thanks for the info..:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.