Remove partition and merge to one full partition

Reaction score
I have Lion 10.7.5 and two partitions in my HDD but I would like to erase the second partition and merge to one full partition. I have tryied to erase with the - minus botton but it cant merge to only one 500 Gb partition. What to do?

Reaction score
You should be able to drag the partition down to consolidate it. then click "Partition".
You DO have a backup, right?
EDIT: That's not the restore partition is it? You don't want to delete it. Trust me.

TOSHIBA MK2555GSXF Media 2015-02-20 11-01-57.png

OP
C
Reaction score
You should be able to drag the partition down to consolidate it. then click "Partition".
You DO have a backup, right?

The problem is that the main partition is down so I cant simply drag it. I have a cloned drive so I think to simply erase all the disk and made a reversal clone.

Reaction score
I would make a backup with SuperDuper or CCC onto another drive, format the original drive as one partition, and then copy the backup back over onto the new partition....

OP
C
Reaction score
I would make a backup with SuperDuper or CCC onto another drive, format the original drive as one partition, and then copy the backup back over onto the new partition....

Yes, it is exactly what I did to have solution to my problem. I had a backup in another drive, so I made a new partition and clone it new. Thanks any way
:Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.