Refurbished Computer

Reaction score
I have an old Dell but I have been getting in to photography and picture editing. I have been looking into Macs because I hear they are the best for that but they are more expensive than what I'd like to pay. Does anyone have experience with refurbished Macs?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Please do a quick search on these forums for refurbished Macs and you'll find that the general consensus is that they match a brand new Mac in everything except the box they come in..

My 27" iMac is a refurb from 2009 that is still performing like a champ. You get the same one year Applecare included in the purchase and can extend to 3 years before the first year expires..

The only downside of the refurb store is that you can't reconfigure the Mac, you take what's there and you've gotta be quick with your trigger since the inventory changes very quickly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The answer is yes. Stick with Mac Store refurbs and nothing else.

Reaction score
i agree with the above i got a refurb from the mac store and it looks and feels new but without the original box.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I wouldn't recommend anything other than the Apple Refurb store.

The site you mentioned, for example, provided a 90-day warranty and MAYBE an existing AppleCare warranty depending on the age of the Mac. However, the Apple Refurb store get you one year of free AppleCare from the date of purchase and then you can add 2 more years before the first year expires.

At the end of the day, it's your money, so the choice is really up to you..

Reaction score
i can give you another cheaper option as well ebay i can get a fully loaded iMac buy it now price for 222.00 with shipping and with maverick on it so it will update to yosemite.

keep looking

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.