• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Recording tutorial video on Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Hi,

How do people record a video on what is it that doing on their computer. For example, a tutorial video of how to perform a certain task with their narration on their Mac. What application do they use?

Such as this example below:
How To Install Whatsapp on Mac Without Bluestacks - YouTube

Quicktime. You can record audio, video or screen (desktop audio and video).

Get a really good cardioid microphone. I recommend the Samson USB Meteor Mic. Many like the Blue Yetti, but they are very cheaply made and freaking huge IMHO.. The Samson Meteor Mic is the size of a normal microphone, has nice fold out legs and can be mounted to a mic stand.

I then use Final Cut Pro to edit my videos, but iMovie works just as good for most users.

Reaction score
I want to sing a song and recorded and be famous in Cailfornia one day and I want recording label one day and become famous singer ove worldwide

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
I want to sing a song and recorded and be famous in Cailfornia one day and I want recording label one day and become famous singer ove worldwide

you cling on to that dream...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.