recommendations for new laptop before 2020?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Catalina 10.15.3
I would love to hear your suggestions for a new replacement for my mbpr 2012. it has served me really well. The most demanding work it does for me is use for Trading software. I normally open 2 and thats very near it's limit to do more, as things do get slow. Other than that l may learn to use imovie, but my current mbpr can easily handle just that l am sure. so guess it just needs more RAM and a high resolution screen, min what l have now. glad to hear theres a 32GB limit. Are there any news coming up of new Mac laptops coming this year? recommendations for current Mac laptops? even windows, but much keener on Macs.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I would definitely wait to see what Apple announces for the 2019 MacBook Pros. Anything in the last three years is possibly going to have problems with the keyboard. The new models will likely have a completely redesigned keyboard - one that is less likely to fail because of dirt, dust, and poor workmanship.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.