Recommendations for good replacement battery?

Reaction score
The replacement A1406 battery for my mid 2011 Air just died - by “Green Cell” - had been performing not that well for a few months. Given that it’s only just over a year old that’s a pretty poor performance and much worse than my original Apple battery which lasted a few years.

does anyone know of any good batteries or do I have to pay the Apple tax and get them to do it for twice the price?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
No need to worry about paying Apple to replace your battery. Apple won't even work on your 2011 MBA since they consider it vintage. You're going to have to replace it with a third party battery. Most third party batteries are cheap knock offs and won't last very long.

However, there is one we recommend from Mac Sales.

Reaction score
The replacement A1406 battery for my mid 2011 Air just died - by “Green Cell” - had been performing not that well for a few months. Given that it’s only just over a year old that’s a pretty poor performance and much worse than my original Apple battery which lasted a few years.

does anyone know of any good batteries or do I have to pay the Apple tax and get them to do it for twice the price?

I've seen A1406 batteries from third party (non-Apple) manufacturers going for (U.S.) as little as $28 and as much as $100.

This one is from a very reliable (Chinese) source that's been around for a while with a good track record. It should provide good life, and I think that the price is reasonable. The most important thing with these lithium battery packs is the built-in charge circuitry, and the circuitry in this battery pack should work perfectly:

EGOWAY Replacement Battery for Apple 11 inch Macbook Air A1465 (Mid 2012, Mid 2013, Early 2014), fits A1406 A1495 [Li-Polymer 4-cell 39Wh/5200mAh]
$53

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.