ReBoot Holdng down R Key

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M2 16GB Memory Apple M2 Chip, Somona
I m using 27 inches iMac, late 2013. I m trying to reboot holding down R key so it ll go into safe mode then click Disk Utitiliy doesn't work, I realized I have Bluetooth Keyboard and its off during reboot, what other way could I use R key when reboot, Use Plug in keyboard so it stays on during reboot??

Thanks
Ron

Last edited:
OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
got it

I got it this time as I didn't use command key with R... thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
...just want make sure you know that command r gets you Recovery Mode, which is similar to using the old Install DVDs to boot for system repairs.

Safe Mode requires you to hold the shift key after startup gong sound. Safe mode automatically does hard drive check and deletes some system caches and disables 3rd party extensions. Also a useful startup choice.

OP
Dittoman1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
...just want make sure you know that command r gets you Recovery Mode, which is similar to using the old Install DVDs to boot for system repairs.

Safe Mode requires you to hold the shift key after startup gong sound. Safe mode automatically does hard drive check and deletes some system caches and disables 3rd party extensions. Also a useful startup choice.

Got it, Thanks
Ron

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.