re: MacKeeper Pop-ups

Reaction score
re: MacKeeper Pop-ups

Is there any effective blocking software out there that will block these constant MacKeeper pop-ups. NOTE: I did NOT download or install MacKeeper. I'm just trying to get away from the annoying pop-ups.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It would help if you told us which browser you're using. However, give AdBlock Plus a try as it works with Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Here's the download link. You also need to run a cleaning app to get rid of any adware that might be lurking. Download the free AdwareMedic.app from here.

And... stay aware from sites that advertise and hide MacKeeper ads. Especially be careful of free download sites. Always check to see what else you've downloaded before doing any installing. ;D

OP
R
Reaction score
re:Adblock Plus

Thank you for such a prompt reply.

I had run the Adware Medic just previous to this and it's not finding anything additional on my HD.

I'll install the Adblock Plus at your suggestion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.