Ram

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
If say you put more than 1 gb ram in your emac(1gb in each slot) will it work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The actual eMac (1.25GHz with DDR-RAM) can take two 1GB modules, allthough Apple says 1GB is the maximum.
The 2003 eMac (1GHz with SD-RAM) don't recognise more than 512MB per memory bank. That means that even if you put in two 1GB modules, it would only use half of each.

Check www.lowendmac.com for information about nearly every existing Mac.

V

VastDeathmaster

PC3200 or PC 2700?

I bought an eMac within the last week. All the advertisements say they system uses PC 2700 (DDR333) memory. The manual that came with it said the same thing.

However, when I went to swap my Wintel's PC2700 512 card out, I noticed that the eMac memory was DDR400!

Should I keep the PC2700 memory or buy PC3200. Kingston memory at Compusa has the two at roughly the same price.

Related:
When I installed the "new" memory, the eMac seemed to hang on a blue screen after a couple minutes, it booted to the desktop. It did the same thing when I swapped the original memory back in, it did the same. Now when I shut the system down, there is a traslucent blue (can see the desktop through it) just before shut down.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2Ghz SR MBP
the eMac is starting to look like a cheaper solution for me but nah! im waiting for the Powerbook G5. Is the G5 acutally just a G4 64-bit? Becuase if it isn't i think that is what they should go for the powerbooks. I mean the G4 already fits into the PB so adding 64-bit instruction sets isn't that much to ask for, is it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
G4 and G5 are very different. Motorola makes the G4, IBM the G5

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
beret9987 said:
the eMac is starting to look like a cheaper solution for me but nah! im waiting for the Powerbook G5. Is the G5 acutally just a G4 64-bit? Becuase if it isn't i think that is what they should go for the powerbooks. I mean the G4 already fits into the PB so adding 64-bit instruction sets isn't that much to ask for, is it?

You can not add 64bit instruction to a processor chip. You would have to recreate the processor chip to include the 64 bit instruction set.

Just like the G5 processor was designed to have both the 32 bit and 64 bit instruction sets.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.