RAM Upgrade

P

prophet

I was just wondering if it's possible to add more ram to an iBook after you've already bought it. I didn't get a RAM upgrade when I bought my iBook, mainly because I was thinking I'd just add more later.

But I've heard different things on whether or not you can do that.

So, can you do that? If so, how, and where would I get the ram chips?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Yes, it is certainly possible to upgrade the RAM in your iBook. Many people buy from Crucial, but I also had a good experience buying mine from MacSolutions. The actual upgrade is very easy. There should be a diagram and instructions in the manual that came with your iBook.

OP
P

prophet

really? I'm gonna have to check it out. thanks.

also, I was just wondering, but what other kind of upgrading can you do to an iBook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
prophet said:
really? I'm gonna have to check it out. thanks.

also, I was just wondering, but what other kind of upgrading can you do to an iBook?

That's basically the only "user-installable" internal upgrade for the iBook. If you're adventurous, you can upgrade the HD, but that requires opening the case, and will almost certainly void your warranty. There are plenty of external upgrades that you can add though (e.g. external HD, web camera, Bluetooth adapter, etc.), and these will simply plug-in to one of your iBooks external ports.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.