Ram upgrade on a 2007 Macbook

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Just looking for a bit of advice on whether it's worth, or even possible upgrading the ram on my late 2007 2.2 duo macbook. Currently running a 1gb & 2gb stick but looking at swapping the 1gb out for a 4gb.

Has anyone had any experience of this and advice on best stick to get?

This is the one I was leaning towards - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I3JOX9O/

Although there's another with pretty similar specs

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00I3JOUQ0/

Thanks people.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
This MacBook can be upgraded to a max of 6gig. So replacing the 1gig stick with a 4gig will max. it out at 6gig (4gig + 2gig).

As far as ram. Since you are in the UK…you could try Crucial-UK. If the Amazon link is then proper ram…you could go for that as well.

- Nick

C

chas_m

I have to point out that this is an eight-year-old machine that is overdue for replacement. Do what you want, but I wouldn't spend much on something that outdated.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Chas, some people are poor and can't afford a new or even newer machine. Remember that.

OP
L
Reaction score
Well exactly. And it's only overdue for replacement if it no longer does the things I ask of it. Which it still does, just feel like giving it a bit of a boost. To be honest I bought this specific machine because I was aware how easy it was to repair and replace parts yourself, and it seems a lot more robust than trendier, thinner newer models. It runs Logic 9 with a load of audio tracks just fine.

C

chas_m

I'm aware that some people don't have big budgets for upgrades -- I'm rocking a 2012, remember?

But I'm also aware of the value of a machine from 2007 and how much longer it will be SAFE TO USE among other concerns. I just didn't want the guy throwing good money after bad.

I'm all for extending the life of a good machine that's meeting one's needs where possible -- I suggest RAM upgrades and SSD upgrades all the time to help keep older machines perky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.