Quicksilver

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro. 2.3Ghz Intel Core i7 running OSX 10.14.6, 16GB Ram
I'm curious about the use of the word intuitive to describe something easy to use.
Is driving a manual car intuitive. Is touch typing intuitive?

Or walking or running or speaking for that matter.

Nothing worth doing was ever easy, but once mastererd becomes second nature.

Coming up with some new way to interact with something as complex as a computer, is bound to feel odd at first,

It does have a steep learning curve. That's precisely why it is so powerful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I'm curious about the use of the word intuitive to describe something easy to use.
Is driving a manual car intuitive. Is touch typing intuitive?

Or walking or running or speaking for that matter.

Nothing worth doing was ever easy, but once mastererd becomes second nature.

Coming up with some new way to interact with something as complex as a computer, is bound to feel odd at first,

It does have a steep learning curve. That's precisely why it is so powerful.

Well said Simbad... Very well said.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro: 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo ~ 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM ~ 160 GB HD ~ 15" Glossy LED Screen
I disagree. I would say, "QS can do pretty much anything... if you know how to do it." I have had QS for about 6 months now, and just about anything past opening a file/app is over my head.

Don't get me wrong, QS is an amazing program, but the learning curve is extremely steep! It is not user friendly, and while the main pop-up window is intuitive, the preferences are not intuitive, and what all you can do is not intuitive. For instance, you said that you can create an alarm. If I wanted to do that, I would have absolutely NO idea where to start (which is why I use Awaken for alarms).

Does anyone know of a good website that makes these types of events EASY to understand?

Matthew

A great website that has tutorials on quicksilver is The Apple Blog Nick Santilli does an amazing job at explaing some basic and advance functions of quicksilver. He has them as screencasts (on-screen video demo podcasts) form. Great job and a great site in general!!! Nick if you're on here. You rock and thanks for all the great info!!!

Reaction score
However, I think that you CAN make confusing things and make them intuitive. I opened Apple's DVD Studio Pro, and within minutes, knew where everything was, not because I had used it before, but because things were where I expected them to be.

Therefore, I don't use the word "intuitive" to describe something as "easy" to use, I use it to define if things are where I expect them to be, for things to work the way I expect them to work; not that I expect them to work for me, but that they work for what I would consider a "normal" user, IE: me.

Hope that helps. =: /

Matthew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.