quick question

Reaction score
i just got my macbook and saw theres about 7 different networks on my street but all need network passwords to join, is there any way around putting in their passwords???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
best thing I can think of would be to get some sort of internet access. That way you don't have to use other peoples.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Hey Lostcast,

Not sure where you are on the map, but be careful, because it might be illegal to jump on the neighbors wireless network without permission.

And getting the password from the Network admin is your only legal way to get on that network.

Like KoDorSean said above, ur best bet is to get ur own wireless access point router setup.

ENjoy that MacBook, its awesome and welcome to the Forums :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
i just got my macbook and saw theres about 7 different networks on my street but all need network passwords to join, is there any way around putting in their passwords???
As an aside, I'd say this is good. People are actually starting to get a clue that they need to secure their home networks. ^_^

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.