Quick printing problem: blank sheet

Reaction score
I have one of several Cadintosh files that always prints a blank sheet before it prints the file. When I look at the printing setup, it shows 2 pages for this file, but I don't see how to delete the second page. How do I fix this? I have looked all through the menus... could have missed something. Thanks. j

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
In your Cadintosh file, I would guess that you have exceeded your first single-page page layout/setup size. It could be anything, even a single period, that is existing on page 2.

If the application gives you the option, look for something that allows showing a page view, or page break and then select and delete anything that is showing on page 2.

If nothing else, you should be able to select the pages to print in the proper box and typing 1-1 that should only print page 1, and just Ignore page 2.

- Patrick
=======

OP
J
Reaction score
In your Cadintosh file, I would guess that you have exceeded your first single-page page layout/setup size. It could be anything, even a single period, that is existing on page 2.

If the application gives you the option, look for something that allows showing a page view, or page break and then select and delete anything that is showing on page 2.

If nothing else, you should be able to select the pages to print in the proper box and typing 1-1 that should only print page 1, and just Ignore page 2.

- Patrick
=======
Thanks, Patrick; got it. Your comment that I exceeded the page layout got me looking at the problem differently. Instead of looking for some wayward line or symbol, I went back and shrunk the area to print just a tiny bit and now it prints just one page. One small inconvenience gone. Cheers. john

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Instead of looking for some wayward line or symbol, I went back and shrunk the area to print just a tiny bit and now it prints just one page. One small inconvenience gone. Cheers. john

I'm glad you got the problem solved, and even small problems can be quite annoying as well as being wasteful.

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Not really wasteful, you just put the blank page back into the printer tray. But it is an annoyance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not really wasteful, you just put the blank page back into the printer tray. But it is an annoyance!

Thanks Jake, I guess I had a bit of a brain fart there and wasn't really thinking properly.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.