PureFTPd as a FTP server

Reaction score
I have set up an ftp server and my friends can access the files in their home directories. However I want to also allow access to my drop box for all uploads so that I am not searching all over for uploaded files and I also have one other folder that I want to give all users access to without making multiple copies of the same file for each user. It is my understanding that this can be done through virtual folders. The problem I am having is that the virtual folders seem to work ok unless I am using my Public folder or any folders inside of it (using Transmit). I get a message saying "can't open folder: No such file or directory". Is there a setting I am missing in PureFTPd or is it a permission issue or something else?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
THe public folder is usually very restricted over any network. You could try altering its permissions but it would be easier to create an uploads folder and let PureFTP point to that

OP
S
Reaction score
I have tried altering the permissions but haven't had any luck. I am not sure what the point of a public folder is if nobody can access it. It works fine over the local network to copy files from computer to computer.
I guess I may have to create another "public folder" if I can't figure it out.

Thanks for the quick reply

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
Consider CrushFTP, it creates virtual directories for each user and you can set which user can access specific files. You can create your folders and set the permissions for each user easily. http://www.crushftp.com/index.html

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.