Proper way to clean screen???

Reaction score
Hey guys.....

I'm trying to keep the best care as possible to my macbook pro..... I have a few small smudges on my screen. Its the 15.4-inch (viewable) widescreen
1440 x 900 pixels..... Not the glossy screen.

What is the best way to clean it?

OP
D
Reaction score
Oh I forgot to add...

Thanks again for answering my questions so quickly. You guys have always been great about answering my questions in no time!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
To be honest, the best way to clean the screen is with a damp cloth. You don't really need to waste money on all those fancy cleaners. Plus, in many cases, they can actually ruin the screen instead of cleaning it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
A damp cloth is best for dust and light dirt, but it won't remove greasy finger prints, like those left by my two-year-old. For that I use Spic n' Span Cinch. I've been using it on laptop screens for years and never had a problem. It's a common household glass cleaner that is ammonia-free (this is key) and is available just about anywhere. It leaves the screen streak-free and looking like new. (I know this sounds like a commercial), but I'm enamored with the stuff - kind of like the father from "My Big, Fat Greek Wedding". I use it on everything :)

Reaction score
Eye-glass cleaner

Don't use Windex or other regular glass cleaner... laptop screens have anti-glare and scratch and whatever coatings that regular glass cleaner will remove (slowly).

Prescription eye-glass or sunglass cleaner is good. It is a lighter solution that is made for surfaces with protective coatings.

Thanks
snazzed

Edit: and a very soft cloth. Not paper towel.

Reaction score
If you want to spend $20 for something really good, I recommend
iKlear. More of a polish, it will do more justice for your screen than
most ordinary cleaners will.

Look on AMAZON.COM for iKlear (or iklear.com)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
warm damp towel gets all my greasy finger prints off no problem.

and its free

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.