Production Suite, now or later?

W

willhig

Hello.

I want to buy Apple's Production Suite. Of course, I have many purposes for it and my computer meets or exceeds all of the system requirements.

The only thing that's keeping me from doing it is Tiger.

I'm certain that Tiger will change the software market for Apple drastically (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

If so, Apple may add some fantastic new features to the Production Suite that I don't want to miss (if I'm wrong, please correct me).

I also would like to purchase a G5 (I use a PowerBook G4) that would be more suitable for using this software in the future. By then my budget will have risen from $600 (PS can be purchased for so much on ebay) to an amount that may allow me to purchase a G5, the price of which will undoubtedly have dropped, and the PS alltogether.

What do you suggest?

OP
P

PinkPhishDoors

If you can you should wait until Janurary, for a couple of reasons, 1 G5 powerbooks should be out by then, 2 Tiger, 3 motion and FCP may be optimized for the 64 bit processor(G5)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Tiger will not be out in January....your looking at mid next yearish for Tiger. G5 Powerbooks I doubt will be out any time soon. I'd bet you'll see a dual core G4 in them before that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.