problems with vodafone mobile connect

Reaction score
Hi, im new to this forum and also new to my (new) iMac. Already, I am having problems with it. I have one of the Huawei 3g modems on Vodafone. When I install the Mac software for it, and try to run the software, it tells me 'An exception of class NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down.' and it refuses to open. Are there any known fixes to this error,or should I just download a different version of the software? Could it be due to the fact that the software version is incompatible with Intel Macs? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Reaction score
Vodafone connect

Hi, Try removing the Nova Media file
It worked for me

Later

Reaction score
Hi, Try removing the Nova Media file
It worked for me

Later

Hi,
I have the same problem.
Which Nova Media file do you mean? Where is it located?

PS.: Why can't the people at Vodafone (or Huawei) write proper Software? (rhetoric question)
Going online with GPRS and a Mac is really big trouble. :Grimmace:

Reaction score
I have the same porblem since I tired to update the software. i was on version 6 which has worked fine since I found it in February. VOdafone Esdana couldn´t actually supply the right driver. However since trying to update I just get this nil exception message, and even trying to go back to the first vertion has not cured the porblem.

Any clues would be appreciated as this service is not cheap and my local vodafone comapny (Spain=) doesn´t actually understand the concept of cuistomer service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.