Problems with new 4th gen iPods?

M

mode7girl

I got my Ipod 20 GB 4th gen the other day and upon opening it up, I noticed two small dents in the back. Anyway, I synced it up with iTunes, I think it downloaded or tried to download one song, then froze up. I couldn't update the iPod with iPod Updater and after I called Apple, they sounded like they had a few more of these types of problems with them and are sending me a return label and then a replacement. Anyone else had problems like these with the 4th gen?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I've read this happening on quite a few websites.. no clue what happened with this batch of iPods.. their QC is not doing too well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4Ghz Black 4GB;iPod Touch 8GB;iPod mini 4GB silver;Logitech MX1000;
I am sure apple will make sure to send replacements to all
leave nobody unhappy :cool:

OP
M

mode7girl

the_New_guy said:
I am sure apple will make sure to send replacements to all
leave nobody unhappy :cool:
I got my new replacement iPod yesterday. Strange thing is, it has a small dent in the back like the last one (maybe they just repaired it?), it works great though and from what I've heard about the 4Gs, I think I'll hold onto it as the audio and everything else is great. Shuffle songs & the iPod remote I got off ebay work great together!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.