Problems printing from Photoshop with Canon iP7250 printer

Reaction score
Hello,

I posted this problem yesterday and it appeared on the site and then disappeared, can’t find it anywhere so I’ll try again.

I am running an iMac with Yosemite 10.10.5 OS and have developed a problem with a Canon iP7250 A4 printer and Photoshop. I have two printers, the one just mentioned and an A3 Canon i9100 and the Photoshop is from Adobe CS5 Suite.

It was only a couple of months ago I updated to Yosemite but I hadn’t used the A3 printer until last Friday I then discovered that printer didn’t work with Yosemite so I re-installed the i9100 printer driver…..big mistake! Yosemite doesn’t support drivers for that printer anymore but I then discovered problems printing from Photoshop with my A4 iP7250 printer, Photoshop crashes as soon as the “Print Settings” button or “Print” button is pressed but strangely when you press “Print One Only” it works but of course you have little control over the print quality. I have re-installed the printer driver for the iP7250 several times but it remains the same. I also have gone into “Library” found the appropriate Photoshop preference and deleted that, restarted the Mac but that doesn't do any good either. It would appear to my limited knowledge that the problem lies within Photoshop and not the printer so any advice anyone could give me would be appreciated.

I bought Adobe CS5 and downloaded it over the internet so I have no original discs to reinstall from, I should also say that InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge etc. all print fine from the A4 iP7250 it’s just Photoshop.

The post I sent yesterday had the crash report attached to it and it was large to say the least so this time I will omit it unless anyone asks me to send it.

Thanks, John

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your post from yesterday did not display correctly and the forum software removed it. Please do not post a crash report or hex dump as that causes display issues with the forum software. Panic reports are OK as they display differently and are easy to read. Sorry about any inconvenience that might have caused, however, your post today is fine and we can go from here.

Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.