Problem with Microsoft 2004 Entourage

Reaction score
I am running OS 10.5.8 and Microsoft Office 2004 (yes, I know, it's all outdated). In the last month, I have been receiving two email messages from "DVD Netflix", and when I open or try to delete it (it is NOT from Netflix but junk), Entourage crashes every single time. The 2 emails stay in my inbox indefinitely and every time I get near it, Entourage crashes. I have asked my server (Pacific Internet) abut it but they tell me it would go away eventually, that there is nothing I can do. Well, it doesn't go away and is becoming a real nuisance.
Does anyone in this forum have any idea what I can do to remove this stuff from my inbox?
Many thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Sounds like some sort of a scam. Many folks received this about account not paid and please adbise credit card details. I doubt if an ISP could help with such an old operating system. Maybe changing your password may help and delete manually.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Here's something that you can try. I haven't had to do this in quite some time but it might work. You may have to rearrange some of your e-mails to accomplish this. I am going to assume for this discussion that e-mail #1 is something you want to delete, #2 is the problem e-mail you can't get rid of, and #3 is a third e-mail you want to delete.
1. Try to arrange things so that at least one e-mail above and below the problem e-mail are also something you want to delete
2. Select the first e-mail to be deleted (Single click it).
2. So not select e-mail #2 but select e-mail #3 (Shift Click). This should highlight all three e-mails.
4. Delete the 3 e-mails.

The e-mails you select can either be junk mail or things that you've read and want to delete.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.