Problem with backing up videos from iPhoto to Time Machine

Reaction score
Hi, I need to backup my videos from iPhoto (videos from my iPhone). Ive got a Time Machine but it doesn't seem to back up the videos (.mov files) have no problem with photos. The video file is there but when i open it just shows the icon in a window and the file name...no video. Some are working but most aren't and I've got a lot of videos. I have exported them to my desktop and the backed up with Time Machine that way, but I have the same problem. all video files are the same .mov files so I'm really confused. Can anyone shed some light?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Do the files play OK in iPhoto?

How are you finding them in your Time Machine backup?

OP
H
Reaction score
yes thank you i can view them in iPhoto, I'm looking into the exported folder on my desktop when i find them in Time Machine...i can't seem to open the iPhoto library in Time Machine either, is that common?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.