Problem pasting file to folder

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB
I am running Metatrader4 on my Mac which is trading software. I need to paste a file into a folder in MT4. When I open the target folder from within MT4 it opens in Wine Explorer.
I copy the file which I have downloaded and unzipped and then try to paste into the target folder but nothing happens and I get no error message.
I have previously pasted other files into this folder so I am completely baffled :unsure:
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Check the folder to see if it still has write permissions. Also check the file you downloaded to make sure it's not locked.

Sorry, that's all I can think of for now.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27 inch 2017. Processor 3.4GHz Inte Memory 8GB 2400 MHz DDR4. Graphics Radeon Pro 570 4GB
Check the folder to see if it still has write permissions. Also check the file you downloaded to make sure it's not locked.

Sorry, that's all I can think of for now.
Thanks for the suggestion. I cant check permissions on folders in Wine Explorer. I right click and select properties but no options appear. Its a strange one. Download file is not locked and I have asked the developers but they have no suggestion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.