PrintShop 2 forum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello, I can't seem to locate the PrintShop 2 forum? This is as close as I can get to a "graphic design" forum.
I'm on a Mac OX 10.6.8. I'm using The Print Shop 2 Edition 2.0.11 (693).

I have a shape I need to customize but have searched the HELP files and cannot find if I can edit this shape at all.

On the upside down triangle I just need the top line to be brought in so that it automatically brings the sides in. But what happens is when I try to decrease the size of the top line, the whole triangle decreases in size. I don't want that. I just want the top line shorter so that it brings the sides in but doesn't change the base size of the triangle.

Did that make sense?

Thanks for any help, or at least maybe someone can direct me to the Print Shop 2 forum?

Thank you

Screen shot 2016-01-26 at 4.27.55 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Printshop forum is located here. However, both your version of OS X and Printshop are out of date. But you can try their forum anyway to see if someone there can assist.

OP
P
Reaction score
The Printshop forum is located here. However, both your version of OS X and Printshop are out of date. But you can try their forum anyway to see if someone there can assist.

Thank you for the link.
Sure, I know my stuff is out of date, but not all of us can afford new stuff! LOL So I gotta make do with what I have!

Thank you again for the link!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I may be mistaken, but I think that "printshop" link is for a different company's version and the OP needs:
http://www.mackiev.com/support_tps.html

But I couldn't find any forum.

I think the last Mac Printshop I used was the old PPC Broderbund?? PhotoShop Deluxe version and in Mac OS System 8-9 so I don't have any suggestion for the OP. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Thank you for the link.
Sure, I know my stuff is out of date, but not all of us can afford new stuff! LOL So I gotta make do with what I have!

Thank you again for the link!

Hi - BOY, you're surely living in the last century - ;) Years ago when on PCs, we used Broderbund's Print Shop (our son still lived w/ us and he is now in his early 40s!) - I don't know if you are using this computer and the ancient software as a profession, but if so, you really need to do some major upgrading, despite your objection above about affording new stuff.

Again, if this is part of your profession and livelihood, then you need to consider how you are backing up your jobs and computer and also the compatibility of those Print Shop files - these are likely proprietary and will likely not export to a newer format - please provide us some further information and also a potential budget to get you on a MUCH more modern 'graphic environment' - NOW, I'm just saying - good luck. Dave :)

OP
P
Reaction score
Hmmm . . . don't know what happened to my post. Clicked on Reply, and it just never showed up! Oh well, won't rewrite all that. Not to worry, I don't need a new computer or graphic software. LOL I don't do this as a profession. I do it for my own interests.

Before BO's economic catastrophe, I developed websites -- back in the Dreamweaver/Fireworks/Flash days. Fireworks is a lot more sophisticated than PrintShop2 for sure, but I was just doing something simple which now has turned into something that apparently PrintShop2 can't do. I may have to resort to Fireworks just for that shape! But, yeah, I don't need a much more modern "graphic environment" -- not anymore! Thanks for the concern that I'm behind the times! LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hmmm . . . don't know what happened to my post. Clicked on Reply, and it just never showed up! Oh well, won't rewrite all that. Not to worry, I don't need a new computer or graphic software. LOL I don't do this as a profession. I do it for my own interests.

Before BO's economic catastrophe, I developed websites -- back in the Dreamweaver/Fireworks/Flash days. Fireworks is a lot more sophisticated than PrintShop2 for sure, but I was just doing something simple which now has turned into something that apparently PrintShop2 can't do. I may have to resort to Fireworks just for that shape! But, yeah, I don't need a much more modern "graphic environment" -- not anymore! Thanks for the concern that I'm behind the times! LOL

Hey - LOL myself! Glad that this is not a life-dependent need for you - ;) I retired in 2011 (after many years on PCs & Windows, job related) - shortly after we gave away our PCs and switched to Apple computers (iMac for the wife & MBPro for me + iPads/iPhone) - our last Windows graphics program was MS Publisher - now on OS X iStudio Publisher - has a learning curve but a decent program and recommended. BUT, if you're not in the market for a new computer, then no concern - Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Wow, If I dare say so, it's quite amazing how some posts can get sideswiped and sidetracked and comments and opinions about what app and the age they think a poster might be using, but gee whizz.

I just happened to mentioned we used the old PPC Broderbund Print Shop years ago, but as far as I know the OP is using a different app and if so, it wouldn't exactly be old and outdated to me as it just got updated to PrintShop 3 in 10 Mar 2014.
http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/20515/the-print-shop

Personally I wouldn't consider that to be exactly old. And so what even if an app was "old", some were actually programmed properly many years ago and can still work, assuming Apple's OS changes didn't pull out the rug from under them.

Just saying… ;)

PS: In case the OP didn't get them and isn't using the Mac App Store editions, there are some updates available at their site, but don't know if it will
http://www.mackiev.com/support_tps.html

- Patrick
======

Reaction score
I don't know what format PrintShop uses but if you could import that graphic into a vector graphic app re-sizing should be a snap.

C

chas_m

I was going to say, Dave, that people using Print Shop are in no danger of being mistaken for professional graphic designers, so it is clearly just a "hobby" application for him. I'd still suggest he upgrade his stuff at some point, as 10.6.8 is not receiving security updates which makes it more vulnerable to malware (and, increasingly as evidenced in this forum, more and more web stuff and software is no longer working/available for it).

Let's hope he will at least take the time to convert any AppleWorks files he has to standard formats before the rude awakening happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was going to say, Dave, that people using Print Shop are in no danger of being mistaken for professional graphic designers, so it is clearly just a "hobby" application for him. I'd still suggest he upgrade his stuff at some point, as 10.6.8 is not receiving security updates which makes it more vulnerable to malware (and, increasingly as evidenced in this forum, more and more web stuff and software is no longer working/available for it).

Let's hope he will at least take the time to convert any AppleWorks files he has to standard formats before the rude awakening happens.

Hi Chas_m - LOL! But, one never knows? ;) When our son was still w/ us, we all used Print Shop - cannot remember which and how many versions we went through, but the program was fairly easy to learn and of course we were using it as amateurs. Dave :)

C

chas_m

In case anyone takes offense, let me be clear: I'm not saying Printshop is a bad program. I'm saying it's not a "pro-class" program, in the same sense I would say that Swift Publisher is not designed to take on InDesign or QuarkXpress. As Dave correctly notes, programs like these are great for being easy-to-use and introducing people to the concepts, while being usable enough to produce something you can use -- for some people, that will be a "gateway drug" to becoming a pro and maybe even making a career out of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I have refrained from posting up to now as I cringe when I hear PrintShop. It is a great little program for the home user to make simple graphics. Unfortunately when I started working where I am now I found all the printed materials put out were done on PrintShop.

As I slowly started to work on changing over how we produced print material I found, after beating my head against the wall because it was more effective than getting them to change, I would simply let the four others who had their own project responsibilities use printshop and I would move it to InDesign so we could print it.

PrintShop does not have the drivers that allow our professional copier to create eye popping materials or use the advanced features such as booklet making. As of now I have converted/trained two of my fellow workers and they now use Photoshop and Illustrator. I am still the InDesign guru. I still have two PrintShop hold outs..... sigh...

I totally get the appeal - the program is very economical but it does not lend itself to fine tuning. For what it is designed for it is a great little program with a lot of features.

As for the OP's question - to move the lines he will probably have to re-create the shape one line at a time and move them individually to get the desired size.

Lisa

OP
P
Reaction score
Don't panic everyone! LOL Wow I really started a conversation here LOL about whose graphic program is better and how Print Shop sucks LOL I use it for my bulletin at Church, I use it for my own little home projects, it works quite well for what I'm doing, which is why I asked for the PrintShop forum and obviously got in the wrong forum! SMILE! I used to use Fireworks/Dreamweaver/Flash, but I no longer have a use for even those old programs so have no need to update. My computers are all backed up so if it crashes, I can fix it and reinstall. Again, I've been out of the web page business for about -- well, as long as BO has been in office! -- the bottom fell out for me when he ruined the economy. So that's about 7 years. So I don't need any fancy updated programs anymore. I'm retired! So thanks everyone for the concern and suggestions! SMILE!

C

chas_m

I don't mean to get political, but I think you will find that the crash of the economy happened a few months *prior* to President Obama's inauguration. As with most large-scale disasters, there are multiple factors that contributed to the crisis, but facts are facts -- that's not one you can chalk up to the current President.

OP
P
Reaction score
Right, we don't mean to get political but facts are facts. We had a successful contracting and engineering business for 45 years and we worked ALL THROUGH the Bush years. After about a year and half of BO, who was supposed to FIX the economy and did nothing but pay off his cronies who supported him, the banks and the mortgage companies, our business, like millions of other people's businesses, went down the tubes -- defunct. Nope, not Bush's fault. BO'S FAULT! So, I'm done talking about it -- I LIVED IT. Don't want to rehash the worst president in American history and what he's done to America. Destroyed it. Utterly destroyed it! It'll NEVER be the America where my family grew up. Those days are done, gone, over. THANKS BO!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, gentlemen let's take this to the lounge if you wish to continue. Otherwise we're through here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.