Printing from Illustrator

A

Antman1313

Greetings all:

OK, here's a strange one...

I'm printing to a Epson CX6600 through an Airport Extreme. All applications print loverly EXCEPT Illustrator. The print job simply stops, with no explanation. My workaround is to save from Illustrator as a PDF and print from Acrobat, but what a pain, eh?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--Ant.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
The only thing that crosses my mind is that maybe you have the wrong paper size selected. Try "Letter US". Or try another paper size.

OP
A

Antman1313

iWhat said:
The only thing that crosses my mind is that maybe you have the wrong paper size selected. Try "Letter US". Or try another paper size.

Thanks for the attempted assist, but that's not it. Even with Letter US (as well as a couple of other sizes) selected, the Printer Utility pops up and tells me the job has stopped.

GRRR.

Thanks again!

--Ant.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, now that I thought it more through; I know what the problems is. The problem is the font that is used. Use the Selection Tool, and select the text. In the menu bar, go to Type, then Create Outlines. That should do it.

OP
A

Antman1313

iWhat said:
Well, now that I thought it more through; I know what the problems is. The problem is the font that is used. Use the Selection Tool, and select the text. In the menu bar, go to Type, then Create Outlines. That should do it.

I wish that were the answer, but it's not a font issue. I can't even print our logo, which was converted to outlines long ago. It's weird, indeed; I can print from Word, TextEdit, Acrobat, Photoshop...you name it...but not Illustrator.

I'm thinking it's in the way Illustrator RIPs the file; maybe it's a matter of drivers or an Illustrator update of some sort. Again, I've found a workaround (save as PDF), so I haven't taken the time to look into it yet.

Thanks again!

--Ant.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jeez! I thought that was 99% the problem. I'm baffled, Antman1313, just as much as you are. Have you tried to make the logo from scratch again, without using anything from the previous document? Could the document be outdated?

OP
A

Antman1313

Yeah, it's a strange one. The bottom line is that nothing prints. New stuff, old stuff, nothing. The print jobs simply stop.

Guess I'll keep scratching my head till I figure it out. Either that or get used to Command-Shift-S.

--Ant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.