printer just died

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac mid-2011, ipad.Air 2', iPhone 8+.
MX 922 owners...My daughter bought a new HP printer but did not know how to get it to sync with her android phone. Went to her house and enabled her Wi-Fi on her phone and got it working. I retrieved an MX 922 I had bought her years ago. I had been to her house many times before because she could not get the printer to work. I would get it working and hear about a week later it was not working. I head back over got it working. But the last time I got it working, it would print...after many print head cleanings.. .but half way down the page the print would shift giving a wavy printed page. So my question is (finally), Any idea what would cause this? I just got it home and haven't had a chance to set it up on my Mac. I have and Epson 3640 so don't really need this fixed ASAP. but would like to fix it and keep it as a backup...along with my ancient HP psc 2400.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
but half way down the page the print would shift giving a wavy printed page. So my question is (finally), Any idea what would cause this?

Try giving this a try:
Solved: Canon Pixma Prints Wavy Zigzag Text with Ghost or Double Image

If you need some more suggestions, have a look through some of these:

It may also have some rollers that need cleaning, and for that you could try feeding a sheet or two of paper soaked in isopropyl alcohol through the printer. Just print a page with one or two periods so as not to produce much if any ink.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.