Print "Current View"

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All these years and there is still no way to print the current view and fit to page without going through some multi-step convoluted process of either cropping the document or taking a screenshot?

Anyone know any way (or pdf viewer) to accomplish this simple task that has been available on that other OS print drivers since... I can't even remember since when.

Last edited:
OP
bobtomay

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I work with plans all day, every day.... You're in, let's say, a pdf and you've zoomed into an area of the document to be able to read it. Then, I want to print that area of the document on an 8x11 or a 24x36 or whatever size and fit it to the page. I can print on up to 48" wide paper at the office.

In Windows, you select 'Print' - check off 'Current view' & 'Fit to page' in the print dialogue and press 'Enter'.
This has been available in every print dialogue I've used for as long as I can remember - HP, Canon, Epson...
For sure this has been there for the last 15 years, because that's how long I've been using that function in my current position.

In OS X, you have to either crop the document or take a screen shot, minimize your window, open the screen shot, print it, close Preview, then delete that file and then empty the trash. Just ree dii cyou lus

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.