Primitive old accessories

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
There are some things that are so simple, work so well and have lasted for years.
This is one of those things.
Over 10 years ago, a couple of years after I acquired my first iPhone, the 3Gs, my wife and I were browsing through a multi storey electronics mall in Thailand.
I stopped at a small Nokia shop which had on display a Nokia Lumia 620. I had never seen a Windows phone before and fell in love with it immediately. It was light, completely unlike any Android phone and claimed a battery life far in access of my humble iPhone. IMG_3898.jpeg
I won't go on about my brief love affair with the Lumia, what's turned out to be even more useful was the little display stand that came with it. When I say, "came with it" I just asked if I could have it and the guy in the shop was so happy to have made a sale of such an "expensive" new model that he gave it to me.

IMG_3899.jpeg

I have used this little stand as a travel, night stand for displaying the time on every mob phone I've owned since. Plugged in to either a wall charger or power pack and displaying Nite Time, a full face, dark red, digital clock on a black background, it makes the best bedside clock ever.

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a shame that MIcrosoft purchased Nokia and ran them into the ground, isn't it?

I know what you mean by having a favorite stand. I have a lucite stand that I think is amazing. It can hold up my iPhone or my iPad at the perfect angle (two different angles are available), yet it is unobtrusive, attractive, and easy to pack.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G3Q5K5W/?tag=macforums0e4-20

41-7km2I50L._AC_.jpg

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Yes, sad about Nokia but I thought Microsoft only bought a part of the company?

IMG_0187.jpeg Working example.

Last edited:
OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, well there you are. What a pity.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.