• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Prime Day Purchases

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Amazon Prime Day has come and gone. Just curious what if any goodies MacForums members collected.

I’ve heard of some people scoring tremendous deals on apparently mismarked items. My own savings were far less dramatic. By my estimate I averaged about 10% savings over previously (and subsequently) posted prices, and I’m happy with that.
Almost everything I bought I had been considering before the sales.

1 TB Samsung T5 SSD - $149
500 GB Samsung T5 SSD (2 of these) - $79 ea
Oster ExpressBake Bread Machine - $38.62

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I missed out on the Samsung T5 deals. Those are great external SSDs. Very fast and they connect via USB-C/USB 3.1. I purchased one some time ago when B&H had them on sale.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I missed that as well. Just as well. I picked up a platter drive a couple of weeks ago to hold the media library. The existing media drive is now a media backup. The original backup is still available but the drive was starting to make me nervous.

Only problem is I've got is that there are some duplicate files that need to be removed and some files that seem to have not copied correctly the last time I backed up. The file is OK in the original but some show as zero k in the backup. Ot's going to take a while to check all those files.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The 1 TB drive is going to be my captive clone for my Mac Mini’s internal 1 TB SSD.
500 GB SSDs are for my LightRoom Catalog and Photo Library (one as a working drive and the other for a Backup)

The Bread Machine is because:
1) I like bread
2) It was cheap but well reviewed
3) Our current Bread Machine hasn’t resurfaced yet after the move, and it is almost 30 years old
4) I like bread

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
The Bread Machine is because:
1) I like bread
2) It was cheap but well reviewed
3) Our current Bread Machine hasn’t resurfaced yet after the move, and it is almost 30 years old
4) I like bread
So do I. We bought a bread machine a while ago but haven't used it much in the last year. SWMBO decided to go on a diet last August and since my cooking skills are abysmal I'm following her diet. The down side much less bread and junk food entering the body. The up side I'm probably about 50 pounds lighter.

Last edited:
OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So do I. We bought a bread machine a while ago but haven't used it much in the last year. SWMBO decided to go on a diet last August and since my cooking skills are abysmal I'm following her diet. The down side much less bread and junk food entering the body. The up side I'm probably about 50 pounds lighter.

LOL and congrats on the weight loss, intentional or forced ;)

I like bread, but have to limit my enjoyment of it. Went strict on my diet earlier this year and dropped about thirty pounds (which so far has stayed off) so I am loosening up a bit right now. But, if my weight starts creeping up again, the Bread Machine will have to go into a cupboard to rest for awhile

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Our bread machine gave out some time back and we never bothered to buy another. Home made bread is definitely over and above the common bread that you can buy in any bakery but at the same time it contains ingredients that tend to increase your girth. LOL.

My grandmother used to make homemade bread the old fashioned way. But back in those days there were no bread making machines. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Home made bread is definitely over and above the common bread that you can buy in any bakery

A retired friend of mine likes his bread and his horizontal bread machine but he also grinds most of the grains he uses, but uses the regular bread tins and bakes his bread in the oven as he dislikes the holes most of the bread machines leave in their loaves.

- Patrick
======

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well the Bread Machine arrived today along with a 40 page manual.

OP
RavingMac

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
First loaf from the Bread Machine was outrageously good. Plus, I set up the 1TB Samsung T5 as a backup clone. CCC took just under 45 minutes to clone 550GB. I am impressed and very pleased with the performance

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.