• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Prayers

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Well my father just called and said they are having a voluntary evacuation up there in Big Bear now. :(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
My wife and I are praying for rain. Weather man said we may see some sprinkles this week-end.

I believe everyone is praying for rain.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
As of 12:00 pm today (Tuesday) Big Bear has a mandatory evacuation. So my Dad is currently getting his stuff together to get out of there, although he is going to be one of the last ones out since he told me he has a responsibility to Big Bear, since he's an electrician, and to the church. He doesnt have insurance either so if it does hit his property.. he'll have whatever he evacuated with and that's it.

Keep praying.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
One of my grandmother's friends were one of the people killed in the fires, or I should say due to the fires.. apparently she had a heart attack as they were evacuating..

Pray for the family and all those other families that have lost someone.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It is a shame that some one would take advantage of some one in a time like this. I am glad they were caught.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Looks like there is some rain in some areas

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah I am pretty excited! Still a bit worried about my father.. he left yesterday afternoon and I still have not received a call from him :(

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok he just called me.. apparently they drove all the way to Barstow.. since everywhere else was extremely smokey.. so thick they could barely breath. The fire hasnt reached Big Bear yet and it appears in the web cams that it's actually sunny with blue skies and patched clouds up there..

I prayed quite a bit, but lately.. I've been praying a whole lot more! It's going to be awhile before all the fires are out.

Ugh listening to the police scanner and it sounds like looting is still going on :(

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Johnny Mountain is saying that there is some rain coming (30-60% chance). So the next five days will be interesting. So to quote Noah, "it's going to rain."

I am glad your father is okay.

It is truely a shame about the looting.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's sprinkling here in San Diego now! it's coming Firemen.. hold the fire off.. you're going to have help soon! Praise God! Absolute miracle.. not a half miracle.. a full miracle!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.