Powerbook G4 aluminum 15"

Reaction score
hi,
I'm new to this forum.
I have a powerbook g4 aluminum 15" and I had to take it apart for some repair.Through the the process, i had to disconnect the monitor (not the screen). After disconnecting the monitoring, you're left with three wires hanging out, one short one goes straight to logic board, the antenna one goes to airport card, now the last one is a long one and goes around the frame of the battery and what i don't know is where does it connect!!?. I've looked every where and i couldn't find the port where it connects to. As far as my information goes, this is the wire where first it connects to the blue tooth chip then from the bluetooth chip there is another wire that goes to somewhere, and i don't know where that somewhere is!! lol

Please i need help!!

Thank you

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Do you know more like the exact model and year? I have all the apple service manuals for those Powermacs. Tell me all you can and I will see if I can figure it out for you.

OP
B
Reaction score
I'll provide you with the model # and year and some pics :)
just give me some time please

OP
B
Reaction score
images

Hi,
so I uploaded some images. it only allowed me 5 images. Anyway, the important images are the ones showing the monitors with the three cables coming off of it and the one with the long cable in it. The very long cable, that is what I'm talking about, it's connected to the bluetooth in the middle, however, the end of it with the white adapter and black part, where does that go!

I hope this is clear now.

I really appreciate your help

2014-09-18 14.24.27 (Copy).jpg

2014-09-18 14.24.22 (Copy).jpg

2014-09-18 14.15.33 (Copy).jpg

2014-09-18 14.22.23 (Copy).jpg

2014-09-18 14.16.45 (Copy).jpg

Reaction score
I believe it would be very near where the arrow is pointing.

Untitled.jpg

OP
B
Reaction score
no ports

I just checked and there is no available ports there, they're all taken. and if i make the wire around the battery frame, it doesn't reach that far! maybe there is a missing where this wire plugs into!? although, i doubt that! I even tried checking the backside of the logic board but there is nothing there to plug into! Man, this is total confusion!! lol

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I just checked and there is no available ports there, they're all taken. and if i make the wire around the battery frame, it doesn't reach that far! maybe there is a missing where this wire plugs into!? although, i doubt that! I even tried checking the backside of the logic board but there is nothing there to plug into! Man, this is total confusion!! lol

Did you take a look at the link "ron4mac" provided in post #4 of this thread? The link is from iFixit.com...which has VERY VERY helpful repair procedures...which could come in real handy in this situation.:)

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Did you take a look at the link "ron4mac" provided in post #4 of this thread? The link is from iFixit.com...which has VERY VERY helpful repair procedures...which could come in real handy in this situation.:)

- Nick

I totally did, however, when it reaches the point where the guy would deassemble the monitor and unplug the bluetooth, it only shows the part of the bluetooth chip connected to the monitor and it doesn't show where the other side of the bluetooth chip is connected to!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I totally did, however, when it reaches the point where the guy would deassemble the monitor and unplug the bluetooth, it only shows the part of the bluetooth chip connected to the monitor and it doesn't show where the other side of the bluetooth chip is connected to!

Are you looking at this procedure:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PowerBook+G4+Aluminum+15-Inch+1.5-1.67+GHz+Bluetooth+Replacement/362

...steps 11 to 13 seem to clearly show everything. The bluetooth board has two things plugged into it. The bluetooth antenna and the bluetooth data cable.:)

- Nick

OP
B
Reaction score
Are you looking at this procedure:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PowerBook+G4+Aluminum+15-Inch+1.5-1.67+GHz+Bluetooth+Replacement/362

...steps 11 to 13 seem to clearly show everything. The bluetooth board has two things plugged into it. The bluetooth antenna and the bluetooth data cable.:)

- Nick

Thanks Nick. However, that is exactly my point. The pics show only the person unplugging the antenna and data cables from the bluetooth chip and doesn't show where the other end of the data cable was connected, which brings back my original question, where does the other end of the data cable connect to, it has to be somewhere on the motherboard!

Reaction score
From the looks of it, the data cable does not plug into the mother board but perhaps would connect to a utility board.

In step #11 of the page that pigoo3 provided in a link, the data cable coming from the bluetooth module clearly goes out around the left hand side of the battery compartment. And here, in step #22, you can see the the end of the cable comes up just around the top left corner of the battery compartment: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PowerBook+G4+Aluminum+15-Inch+1-1.5+GHz+PC+Card+Cage+Replacement/234 So my guess is that it connects under the left speaker area or pc-card cage.

Are these components all from the same, original machine? Or is the display a replacement one that happened to come with bluetooth.

Last possibility ... you've already plugged another cable into the spot where the bluetooth data cable goes:Blushing:

Last edited:

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
From the Manual.

"If replacing the Bluetooth Cable, REMOVE the Sound/DC-IN Board and disconnect the cable." So Ron is right. It plugs into that Sound/DC-In board. To get to the jack you have to remove that board.

Hope this solves it.

OP
B
Reaction score
Yes, Ron was right. I checked and definitely the data cable goes underneath the sound/dc-in board!....Thank you all for solving this mystery :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.