• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

PowerBeatsPro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018), Apple Watch: IPad Mini 3: Iphone 12 Pro
Hi-

Does anyone know where PowerBeats Pro are made? I am seriously considering purchasing them, finding out they are American made would seal the deal for me. I do not see a thread for any reviews of these. I am afraid the AirPods will fall out of my ear, this is why the PowerBeats seem like a better option, I had a Voyager years ago and loved the fit. When the gym reopens I use them in the gym and otherwise mostly for talking on the phone. I would love to hear some reviews or point me towards the thread if I am missing it, thanks!

Allison

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You can probably find web reviews on the PowerBeats Pro. My guess is that they're made in China just like Apple's other AirPods. At $249.95, they better be great! :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I would love to hear some reviews or point me towards the thread if I am missing it, thanks!

You might want to try reading these:

Beats Powerbeats Pro review
Beats Powerbeats Pro review | TechRadar

Beats Powerbeats Pro review: Great design, with a flaw
https://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/powerbeats-pro-review/

And no, I have no idea where they are made. The only thing indicating they might be made in America is their price, but not that much different from Apple's product which I together are made in Asia.

- Patrick
======

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
@dufchick,

You said
I am afraid the AirPods will fall out of my ear,

In a moment "isolation mania", I purchased Apple's AirPods Pro which are similarly priced, I think, to what you are considering.

They come with 3 detachable ear fittings/tips (small, medium and large). Apart from the obvious gain in sound quality and noise cancellation, they are very comfortable and if you use the correct size of tip for each ear**, there is next-to-no chance they fall out of your ear - even when running!

Caveat: I mean other people running - not me!

**Most people have different size earholes (Lt and Rt). I have Large tip on left, Small tip on right.

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There are so many reviews of the AirPods that say they are loose or fall out despite the customization with the ear tips, that is an expensive little toy to lose. I feel like the PowerBeats will stay put better. I do read the reviews on the major tech sites and YouTubers but to be honest I have no idea if those people are getting anything in return for their reviews so I take with a grain of salt. But more particularly I was wondering where they are manufactured. It seems to be an important consideration these days.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
There are so many reviews of the AirPods

I'm talking about AirPods Pro, which are quite different.

But, hey, this was only a side remark. Of course, the choice is yours. Whatever you get, enjoy.:)

Ian

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was talking about the Pro version as well, sorry for not making that clear but since you mentioned it I am going to look back as some of the reviews I have seen to make sure they were talking about the Pro's as well. I wish it was possible to get a trial pair ��

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.