Power Supply Buzzing?

OP
HalfDemon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"13 MacBook Air 2012; OS X Sierra 10.12.4
Hmmm…??? I assume you mean you switched the whole cable AND with the duck head adapter.

It would be interesting if you have a continuity meter to test and see if there's continuity on the ground pin that the Apple ones had, even though it didn't seem to connect to anything inside if one looks at the take-apart shots, but you can still check and see if it connects to anything, including the "T" attachment pin I gather yours will have.

What I did was attatch the "Duck head" from the buzzing adaptor to the original adaptor which had featured a cord instead.
Here is where I read about this procedure:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203207
(You'll have to scroll a bit)

As for contunity, you mean to say that this may be not be a lasting solution? Perhaps it would help to know that I...at least THOUGHT the original charger had died when it stopped functioning (no light, the battery was not charging, it wasn't even being read) after I'd accidentally dropped the end that hooks into the laptop in a glass of chocolate milk.
For this reason when I'd done this procedure I actually had NOT expected it to work. I'm now believing I had wrongfully convincted the chocolate milk.

Lucky you!!! ;)

Not the case here!! We need to take a ferry ride and get to one of their stores on the BC mainland. And then come back. Very time consuming and costly!! :(

That sucks...this mall is no walk in the park though, it gets extremely crowded and it tends to be a squeeze in the Apple Store itself because it's constantly packed like a sardine tin.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Chocolate milk can fix all kinds of things, and if can't, try eggnog, and then maybe with a good shot or two of rum or whisky added. That's almost a guaranteed fix!! ;)

PS: whatever works properly works.

OP
HalfDemon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"13 MacBook Air 2012; OS X Sierra 10.12.4
I freaking love Eggnog! No thanks to the liquor though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.