Power Mac- 2nd hard drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook 2 Ghz C2D, 2 Gb RAM, 120 Gb Hd, 2 gig black nano
I bought a 2nd hard drive for my Mac. SATA Maxtor 120 Gb. I cannot believe how easy the whole process was. Take the side off, place the 4 screws in the drive, slide, lock and connect, done!! Talk about a thing of beauty!

Reaction score
captainstabbin said:
I bought a 2nd hard drive for my Mac. SATA Maxtor 120 Gb. I cannot believe how easy the whole process was. Take the side off, place the 4 screws in the drive, slide, lock and connect, done!! Talk about a thing of beauty!

Isn't that the truth. When i installed my second drive i couldn't hardly believe how easy and quick it was to do. What took me the longest was looking for the power cable and the data cable.....i kept looking for those big suckers like in the pc....woops, there they were, those two tiny cables just underneath it... what a dream to install....

V

VictoryRose

James said:
Isn't that the truth. When i installed my second drive i couldn't hardly believe how easy and quick it was to do. What took me the longest was looking for the power cable and the data cable.....i kept looking for those big suckers like in the pc....woops, there they were, those two tiny cables just underneath it... what a dream to install....

HAHA! i did the EXACT same thing. I should've known better being as it's an apple and all.

Y

yeahyeahgirl

i need to install a second hard drive at work. we don't have an IT dept, so i need to find it myself. i have a power mac g4. where do i get one? i've found some on the net, but how do you know if it's good? is there a certain brand anyone prefers?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Dual 1.8GHz Power Mac G5; 1GB SDRAM; 160GB Serial ATA; 20 inch Cinema Display
Thats some great news. I look forward to adding another drive. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
yeahyeahgirl said:
i need to install a second hard drive at work. we don't have an IT dept, so i need to find it myself. i have a power mac g4. where do i get one? i've found some on the net, but how do you know if it's good? is there a certain brand anyone prefers?
thats all part of the ease of use in a mac. as far as knowing if the hd is good, on a desktop , don't go with an hd lower than 7400 rpm, even if it doesn't say mac compatible, it is, just format it after connecting it, the best brands are maxtor, western digital, seagate, nec(usually packaged by another brand but still nec brand on the inside), not in that particular order.

Reaction score
yeahyeahgirl said:

I've had real good luck with both Maxtor and Western Digital, but i under stand the new seagates have been very good also. The last drive i bought and installed in my G5 is a Maxtor 200 gig sata drive and it has given great service.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.