Power book g4 titanium upgrade

Reaction score
Hey I just bought my first mac coputer and here r my specs. I'm planing on upgrding the memory to the 2gig max and i want to upgrade to mac os x leopard i hace read on some website you can only go to leopard if you have an intel processor but I have also read people using leopard on g4 mac power books so im highly confused so please help me

Detailed item info
Product MPN
MPN M8363B/A

Key Features
Processor PowerPC G4 667 MHz
Installed Memory 256 MB (SDRAM)
Display 15.2 in. TFT Active Matrix
Operating System Apple MacOS X

Processor
Processor Type PowerPC G4
Processor Manufacturer Motorola
Processor Speed 667 MHz

Motherboard
Bus Speed 133 MHz

Display
Display Tech TFT Active Matrix
Display Size 15.2 in.
Display Color Support 24-bit (16.7 million colors)
Display Max. Resolution 1152 x 768

Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 30 GB
Storage Controller Type IDE

Memory
Installed RAM 256 MB
RAM Technology SDRAM
Max Supported RAM 1 GB
Installed Cache Memory 256 KB

CD / DVD
CD / DVD Type DVD-ROM
Optical Drive Read Speed 24x (CD), 6x (DVD)

Video
Installed Video Memory 16 MB
Max. Video Resolution 1920 x 1440

Audio
Audio Output Type Sound card

Modem
Modem Type Fax / Modem
Analog Modulation Protocol ITU V.90

Networking
Networking Type Network Adapter
Data Link Protocol Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11a, IEEE 802.11b

Battery
Battery Run Time 5 Hours
Battery Technology Lithium ion

Dimensions
Depth 9.5 in.
Height 1.02 in.
Width 13.44 in.
Weight 5.29 lb.

Miscellaneous
Input Method Keyboard, Keypad, Trackpad
Exterior Color Titanium

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The Leopard OS can be used on PPC and Intel macs alike. Its the new Sno Leopard that you will find hard to run on a PPC machine as SL is ONLY for Intel Macs.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
See Signature.
Also, you may have to upgrade the processor in order for it to be compatible with Leopard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the processor has to be at least 864 MHz, or something along those lines. Other than that, I'm fairly certain that you're good to go.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.4C2D/4GB/250GB
Also, you may have to upgrade the processor in order for it to be compatible with Leopard. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the processor has to be at least 864 MHz, or something along those lines. Other than that, I'm fairly certain that you're good to go.

you are pretty close
Requirements for Mac OS X v10.5

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
Also people should keep in mind that those are the minimum requirements and if a person wants Leopard to run decently they should get a faster computer. I still have my old 1GHz PowerBook 512GB RAM and it runs Leopard fairly decently. I wouldn't say it's anything to cheer about.

If a person really wants Leopard and wants and older Mac then they should really stay above 1GHz and have at least 1GB of RAM in my opinion. Anything slower and they might be disappointed in the performance.

I'm planing on upgrding the memory to the 2gig max and i want to upgrade to mac os x leopard

Max Supported RAM 1 GB
Are you sure you can upgrade to 2GB RAM? My PowerBook can only officially upgrade to 1GB. Usually Apple laptops can support more than the officially advertised amount but not much more. I don't know the unofficial amount your PowerBook can support. It would be a shame for you to waste money if you don't have to.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Also people should keep in mind that those are the minimum requirements and if a person wants Leopard to run decently they should get a faster computer. I still have my old 1GHz PowerBook 512GB RAM and it runs Leopard fairly decently. I wouldn't say it's anything to cheer about.

If a person really wants Leopard and wants and older Mac then they should really stay above 1GHz and have at least 1GB of RAM in my opinion. Anything slower and they might be disappointed in the performance.

Are you sure you can upgrade to 2GB RAM? My PowerBook can only officially upgrade to 1GB. Usually Apple laptops can support more than the officially advertised amount but not much more. I don't know the unofficial amount your PowerBook can support. It would be a shame for you to waste money if you don't have to.

I think your right, All titanium Powerbook' maxed out at 1GB RAM which is still functional. you would probably be better served with OSX 10.4 it will be fine for your needs and is still relevant.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.