Possible PHISHING attempt on Apple ID users

Reaction score
Dear Sir/Madam,

I have today received a attached purported request from “[email protected]" to validate my Apple ID. The email includes the threat “Failure to complete our validation process will result in a suspension of your Apple ID.” This email looks to be a genuine Apple sourced request. I attach a screen shot of the email I received today, and which I regard as extremely suspicious and the web address the link opens up at.

Among details DEMANDED are full name. full address, email address, credit name number, cc security code, mother’s maiden name and more. I entered details until I had reached the credit number request box at which point I decided to contact Apple.

I telephoned 1300 321 456 and raised this issue with your Apple support staff member Steven. He advised me to send this email urgently to the above address

http://update-now.ulusoyagency.com/...a552e/au/webapps/mpp/home/?r=L2QvaW5kZXgucGhw

Please acknowledge receipt of this important email and advise possible action Apple may take in this matter.

Yours faithfully,
Paul Collins.

P.S. I had been about to correct several basic grammatical errors in the set of instructions, until I became suspicious.

Last edited:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not sure why you posted this here. We are not in any way affiliated with Apple nor is anyone here employed by them. You might want to re-direct your post to Apple customer support.

OP
PaulRanger1
Reaction score
Why I posted a phishing warming on Mac Forums.

Hello chscag,

I posted details of my experience with this suspicious email, which requests extensive personal and financial details etc. on Mac Forums to warn any other members who may receive a similar email. The email threatens "that failure to 'confirm' your Apple ID details
WILL result in your Apple ID being suspended" - no 'ifs', no 'buts'.

The substance of my posting is the body of the email I sent today to <[email protected]> after being advised by Apple Support staff to do so.

My intent in posting here was to alert other members to the possibility that they too may receive a similar, authentic looking looking email as I received. Sorry if I have transgressed.

Sincerely, PaulRanger1.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
My intent in posting here was to alert other members to the possibility that they too may receive a similar, authentic looking looking email as I received. Sorry if I have transgressed.

No problem. However, it always helps to open that type of thread with an explanation of why first. That way, we will know that you did not mistakenly post to our forums instead of Apple.

Thanks for the explanation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
All the time this comes from scammers - just ignore.

Getting as bad as 'Windows Technical Assistance'!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.