Please Help...MUST GID RID OF PC...

R

Rugby10

Hey All,

Disclaimer: I'm in the military, therfore I've used nothing but Micro$oft and Unix.

My girlfriend has been touting the power of Apple for a while now, as she uses them with her architecture firm. I'm so sick of windows that I'm ready to try anything. The problem is no one, including my girlfriend(non-tech), has been able to elaborate on the differeces between PC's and Mac notebooks. I've tried to look for the info myself, but I can't distinguish between a powerbook and ibook, G4 vs. G3, or emac and OS X??? ****, I can't find anything that is useful. What I'm looking for is a primer of some sort, an indoctrination, if you will, to the world of Apple.

Please help... must get rid of PC...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
http://www.apple.com/switch/ check that out

The G3 and G4 are just names for the processors like pentium 3 and pentium 4
OS X is the Operating system like Windows 98, 2000, XP etc.
Powerbook used to be the more powerful laptop since the iBook had the g3 and powerbook was G4 but now its mainly a difference in appearence and sizes

OP
S

StarManta

trpnmonkey41 said:
Powerbook used to be the more powerful laptop since the iBook had the g3 and powerbook was G4 but now its mainly a difference in appearence and sizes

Actually the iBook uses a few cheaper parts - not quite as good video card, slowerr ram, etc. Also, it's not made of titanium. I admit I'm picking at straws though :)

OP
J

jonnyturner

ibook uses the same RAM as the powerbook nowadays (DDR266), if you're talkin new models that is

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.