Playing an SVCD disc on iMac.

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have been asked to try and play a SVCD of a friends wedding as she can't access it on her PC or video player. And Lo and Behold neither can I. I have downloaded a VLC player from a link on the Apple website but my Mac does not recognise the disc at all. I can't locate ity in any file and after 5/6 seconds the desc is ejected without any message as to why. this is a disc of my friends daughter's wedding which sh is anxious to see. I cannot understand why the disc does not appear in some form or other when I have downloaded the software to read it. An help please.
Gari

Reaction score
SVCD is pretty much a dead format, actually hardly ever alive. While reading a VCD is possible I doubt you'll be able to read SVCD.
That being said, I've found the cheaper DVD players ($30 at Walmart) read most formats the better ones don't.
You might want to consider getting it transferred by a professional company to DVD format.
Also, Toast 'might' be able to do something with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.