Plan for picking up preorders on Friday

Reaction score
925 Mac posted some info that Apple will be having 2 lines this Friday, one for preorders O:) and one for people hoping to get a phone w/o.

Anyone have any idea if you'll need to go early to wait in line with a preorder? Or are you guaranteed a phone since you have the preorder with "pickup on 9/19" listed on the receipt?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Like any other Apple new iPhone "gaggle" be prepared to wait and wait and wait. Get there early with your vacuum bottle filled with coffee and a couple of donuts. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
This is one of the big reasons I had my pre-order shipped to me. I can't stand dealing with super dense crowds like what forms at Apple (and other places) at times of new product releases.

If you pre-order your phone should be guaranteed to be at wherever you set to get it from. That said, as chscag said, be prepared to wait when you get there - regardless of whether you go super early or decide to try to wait until later in the day; chances are it will be super crowded all day...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I choose to sit at home and wait for the FedEx guy. Those lines at the stores are idiotic! If the phone makes it Friday like it is supposed to great, if not I'll again sit on my comfy couch on Monday and wait for his appearance while eating donuts and having a tasty beverage. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.