Place for URLs

Reaction score
Sometimes I'm working on something where I don't want to bookmark it, but I want to save teh url for later use.
I used to drop the items in the dock, but that made for a very clutterfilled environment, especially on my 12" screen.

I once found an app that would let you group all the urls together into one icon in teh dock, but I don't remember what it's called. Does anyone know of this program?

Is there a program that I could autohide on a side of my screen to pop up when i need it, where I could drop urls into different categories (tabs), for later use? Something that is as Fluid as sidenote?

Could I use drag-thing for this?
I was having trouble trying to configure it to do this, but is it possible? It shows up in exposé tho, which is kind of weird

Edit:
I found a program called URLWell http://www.drunkenblog.com/drunkenblog-archives/000625.html
But it works from the menu bar, and I have a lot in there already, and for the small screen, another menubar item would not help things. Plus, I don't think you can organize the links into categories (sort of like the bookmarks bar in safari can).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
How about making a folder named "Web Links" or "URL's", than just drag the URL's into the folder... if you wanted to Categorize them you could create sub-folders, which you could access using the "Spring" folder ability.

just a thought

OP
G
Reaction score
that wouldn't be a bad idea, thanks!
now i just need a custom url icon for that folder and i'm good to go
off to deviantart i go, or do u know of a better place for custom icons?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
Here's some that I thought would be pretty cool to use for that...
(Disregard my dog's nose in the background :D:D:D)

458157493_5ae4132962_o.jpg

View attachment Web Link Folder ICONS.zip

OP
G
Reaction score
ahh bummer
unforunately u can't drag straight from the favicon to a folder if it's in the dock
I may have to resort to dragging it to the desktop first, creating that dog-eared paper link, then dragging it to the folder in the dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac's
I can't remember (probably iconfactory??)... I edited my post, and attached them... ENJOY!!!

and Welcome to the Forums!!!

OP
G
Reaction score
thank you thank you
i will check some icon sites
i particularly like the safari icon, i may look for that on a folder that matches the oses current icon set
thanks again it works well
i've found for some reason if u hold down the cmd key that the icons stop moving aside for you to put on the dock, so it makes it easier to drop something in a folder

OP
G
Reaction score
oh oops just noticed u said u added a link
that makes my life easier thank you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.