PHP and Seamonkey

Reaction score
My PHP suddenly stopped working. I've searched - even edited my php.ini.default file - and still no luck. It works fine in Safari (I know - but I want to use Seamonkey too ... grin) When I try to access a php page (like facebook.com) it asks what I want to do with the file. It's been working fine, and suddenly stopped with no apparent reason. I've searched everywhere - including on the Seamonkey page. I even deleted Sea Monkey, and installed an older version. It still didn't work. Then I reinstalled 2.03 ... still no luck ... not sure what I can do - the Seamonkey forums don't seem to address this. Can I change my Apache? How would I do that?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Your PHP shouldn't have anything to do with facebook, unless you're working on facebook's code?

Reaction score
You don't access PHP pages. PHP is run on the server and pure HTML is given to your browser. So, if you are going to a site that is using PHP like FB and it is asking if you want to save the page or opening code, then there is a problem on their end.

OP
F
Reaction score
You don't access PHP pages. PHP is run on the server and pure HTML is given to your browser. So, if you are going to a site that is using PHP like FB and it is asking if you want to save the page or opening code, then there is a problem on their end.

Well ... I used to be able to use Facebook on the Mac with Seamonkey - no I can no longer access it. I tried using Windoze with Seamonkey and Facebook - no problems - it's just ... all of a sudden, I can no longer use Seamonkey to access Facebook - it wants to save the PHP file to disk, or find an application for it.

OP
F
Reaction score
Well ... I used to be able to use Facebook on the Mac with Seamonkey - no I can no longer access it. I tried using Windoze with Seamonkey and Facebook - no problems - it's just ... all of a sudden, I can no longer use Seamonkey to access Facebook - it wants to save the PHP file to disk, or find an application for it.

Apparently, FB fixed their problem. You were correct, in that it was at their end. Thank you for your help and consideration.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.