Photo Transfer

Reaction score
I am trying to transfer photos from an iPod Touch to a Mac and only the folder named "Camera Roll" will transfer the other folders are not recognized. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - not sure which model iPod Touch you own and which iOS is installed - might impact on some of your options. But in general, there are a number of 'wired' & 'wireless' choices in transferring photos between these two devices.

For a first choice, connect your iPod to the Mac, then open Image Capture (an included application found in the 'Other' folder, at least on my MBPro running Yosemite) - a window (as shown below) will open showing the photos on your iDevice (in my case, an iPad Air 2) - you can import all or select the ones desired, and also the import location on your Mac. See if that works for you - good luck. Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 12.10.54 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
B
Reaction score
I tried Image Capture and it only recognizes the album "Camera Roll", which is the prime album----the other albums that I added are not recognized. When I tried the demo iExplorer, it did see all the albums, but they want $35 for the license----I want to do it for free since it is an Apple product transferring to an another Apple product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina 13 Late 2012, iMac Late 2012, iPhone 6 64G, iPad Air 2 16G
Hello - not sure which model iPod Touch you own and which iOS is installed - might impact on some of your options.

Like RadDave said, telling your iOS version of your iPod would help. You can check by going to Settings > General > About. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I tried Image Capture and it only recognizes the album "Camera Roll", which is the prime album----the other albums that I added are not recognized. When I tried the demo iExplorer, it did see all the albums, but they want $35 for the license----I want to do it for free since it is an Apple product transferring to an another Apple product.

Hello again - first make sure that photos from your non-Camera Roll albums are not in the ones shown by Image Capture? Second, please provide the information requested about your iPod model and the iOS installed - features change.

And just a warning about 'free', I've been using an iPad for nearly 4 years (now on a new iPad Air 2) and the native Photo app in iOS basically STINKS! So, trying to find a work-around(s) that meets one's need(s) is a never ending challenge - SO, don't expect to easily achieve your goals w/ what you have on the iPod.

I have a number of other suggestions, so let me go to the next one - obtain PhotoSync - their apps can be installed on your iPod & your Mac - the cost is low - allows 'wireless' transfer between machines - let us know if that helps. Dave :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.