Photo Edit

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Good day to all

Has anybody used the photo edit app called SeaShore? its in the App Store
If so any tips or some advice on it Please.
ThankYou
David

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
I used Seashore a very long time ago. It was before it was available on either App Sore (macOS or winOS). I have since moved to the Affinity software, which has a lot of tutorials and helpful how to guides in their community pages.

As to Seashore, because it is image manipulation, there is a lot to learn, if one is unfamiliar with the tools.

Edit: Did you try Photos?

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (13-inch, 2017).Processor 1.8GHz intel core i5.Memory 8gb 16000MHZDDR3.Graphics intel HD
Hi.Thanks for your reply.
Yes have tried photos.When I had a windows pc I had a similar bit of software as the seashore one, I used to be able to change the colour of certain items in an image which can't do with photos on a Mac.
Been looking at the sea shore it looks something like the one I had in windows laptop.
Thought maybe someone here has any thoughts on it.
Many thanks for your reply. Very much appreciated.
David.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi David. Glad to see you back again. I note what you say about the Photos app.

I think it might help us if you made a short list of the key functions you particularly require.

You mentioned Changing the Colour of certain items, but what else?

Ian

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes. Many years ago during my Windows computer days. I was given a large selection of very old black and white photos that nobody no longer needed.
so I came across a bit of software that I could use to re colour some parts of the black and white sections of the old photos.
it was vert effective well I though it was.
kept me occupied for May hour as I had to retire due to ill health. So been looking for something similar to work on my MacBoo. Came across this little item called seashore. So I thought if anyone has used it that could give it a thumbs up or down. Thats about it. It was a free software.
Thanks.
David.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Okay, David. You are correct. It is not possible to add colour to a B&W picture natively on the Mac. There is a short confirmation of that from Apple Support:

I think you should stick with seashore. It gets a very positive rating on the App Store and you know it works - or did before; and it's free.

Good luck with your project, David.

Ian

OP
Tomos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Many thanks for your support.
maybe will give it a go.
David.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.