Photo Contest May - Symmetry

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Idea borrowed from the photo forum at www.vwvortex.net. Let's see how it works out here.

"Rules

1. Photo must be taken DURING the month of the assignment. Please keep exif intact so that others can see it.

2. Basic Photoshop/editing is allowed (levels, exposure, saturation, sharpening, etc), but no complete altering of the photo/subject, as in, no fake blurs, no HDR, no dropping one subject into a different background, that kind of stuff. Converting to B&W and selective color is ok.

3. No nudity, illegal activity, implied illegal activity, or anything else that would normally not be allowed in this forum should be posted.

4. Post entries in this thread, do not make a separate thread for each entry. You have until midnight PST on Monday May 21st to post your entry.

5. The assignment thread is for posting photos ONLY, no discussion until voting starts and all ideas/questions should be directed to the person who is in charge of the assignment that month.

6. On the 22nd of May, use THIS thread to post critiques. A poll will be set up with all the entrants by the person in charge for the month and a link will be given as to where to go and vote. Any entry deemed NOT on topic may be left out of the poll at the discretion of person in charge of month. Voting will last till the last day of the month when a winner will be chosen and the new assignment will start. So be ready to have someone ready to take over the next contest and have a subject ready for me on the first of the next month.

Everyone is encouraged to participate regardless of skill level. With or without an SLR. It will help you grow as a photographer to see how others perspectives on a similar subject."

This months subject: Symmetry

Main Entry: sym·me·try
Pronunciation: 'si-m&-trE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -tries
Etymology: Latin symmetria, from Greek, from symmetros symmetrical, from syn- + metron measure -- more at MEASURE
1 : balanced proportions; also : beauty of form arising from balanced proportions
2 : the property of being symmetrical; especially : correspondence in size, shape, and relative position of parts on opposite sides of a dividing line or median plane or about a center or axis -- compare BILATERAL SYMMETRY, RADIAL SYMMETRY
3 : a rigid motion of a geometric figure that determines a one-to-one mapping onto itself
4 : the property of remaining invariant under certain changes (as of orientation in space, of the sign of the electric charge, of parity, or of the direction of time flow) -- used of physical phenomena and of equations describing them

Anything way that you interpret this will work as long as it's in context. So go get creative and stuff.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
407737368_d270f8fb69_o.jpg

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
annnnnnnnd....go!

I'll even send the winner a prize or something....Any one want some barely used dog food?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz
I've seen this done on another forum..sounds like fun! I'll post tomorrow.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.